D.C. Bomb Threat Linked To Area Man

WASHINTON, D.C. — Police believe a man from Luzerne County is responsible for a bomb threat that shut down traffic around The White House Wednesday morning.

Police in the nation’s capital say a man walked up to the White House gates around 5 a.m. Wednesday and told a Secret Service agent a bomb was about to go off in a truck parked nearby.

Investigators say it was a hoax, and arrested the man.

Krzysztof Wasik, 44, of Hazle Township is the man who made the threat at the White House, according to police.

According to the Washington Post newspaper, Wasik is now in police custody and faces criminal charges.

The threats prompted an investigation by the Secret Service and D.C. police, when a Secret Service agent said the man from Hazle Township said the truck was, “set to blow up.”

Police closed several streets near the White House for two hours.

Police located the truck and determined the threat was false and the streets were re-opened.

Wasik was taken into custody, and according to several news reports is expected to be charged with making false threats though no court appearance has been scheduled so far.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 40,000 other followers