HAZLE TOWNSHIP — Emergency crews responded to a school in Luzerne County after reports of a fire.
Officials evacuated the ninth grade center in the Hazleton Area School District after a fire on the roof of the building.
It happened just before noon.
Authorities said about 600 students and staff were taken to the high school auditorium. They will stay there until dismissal.
School officials said damage to the school is minimal.
A state police fire marshal is investigating.
School district officials believe contractors working on repairs and the possibility of a static electric spark may have started the fire.
No injuries were reported.