Red Cross Helps Families After Flames Hit Duplex

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
sun house fire

SUNBURY — The American Red Cross is helping ten people who lived in a duplex that went up in flames Wednesday afternoon.

The fire started around 1:30 p.m. at a home on South 10th Street in Sunbury.

The fire chief said the fire was sparked by a pinched wire or a phone charger in an upstairs bathroom.  None of the ten people who lived in the duplex were home at the time.

No one was hurt.  There is no word on when the people will be able to return.