Red Cross “Everyday Heroes” Award Nominations
In our local communities, everyday people perform extraordinary life saving acts. Many of these people go unrecognized for their courageous deeds.
The Lackawanna County Chapter of the American Red Cross needs your help in identifying these heroic acts and the people who make them happen.
Nominees may be individuals or groups. Also, nominees need not be affiliated with the Red Cross.
Criteria for Nominations:
- Nominee must have saved or assisted in saving a life by preventing or intervening in a crisis situation or by giving the victim (s) aid they needed, or would have needed, to survive.
- Nominee may be professionally trained in life saving skills or a Good Samaritan.
- Nominee cannot have caused or contributed to the incident.
- Nominee must live, work or attend school in Lackawanna County. The heroic act must have occurred between 1/1/12-12/31/12.
- Nominee (or family representative if deceased or on active duty) must be available for promotional opportunities and be able to attend “EVERYDAY HEROES” Dinner on June 20, 2013 at Genetti Manor, 1505 Main Ave., Dickson City.
Visit our website http://www.redcross.org/pa/scranton for additional information or contact Carol Crane at (570) 823-7161 Ext. 329 .
To nominate an “EVERYDAY HERO”, please complete this form and mail it to:
545 Jefferson Ave.
Scranton, PA 18510
Attn: Carol Crane
or fax to (570) 344-6534, Attn: Carol Crane.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS JUNE 1