UPDATE: Man Unable to Escape Flames, Dies in Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUNBURY -- A man confined to a wheelchair died in a Tuesday night fire in Northumberland County.

A state police fire marshal believes the fire was electrical, and was started by too many cords and power strips in one area.

The fire started in the front room of the house on Penn Street in Sunbury around 9 p.m. Tuesday.

The city's fire chief said Keith Bordner, 53, died in the fire. Bordner was in a wheelchair and several of his oxygen tanks exploded in the fire.keith bordner sun fire victim

Authorities said his wife, neighbors and firefighters were not able to get him out of the house because the flames were too intense.

Initial reports said one other person was unaccounted for at the time of the fire but the Sunbury fire chief said no one else was injured.

Three dogs and a cat also died in the fire.