Fire Forces Family From Home

JACKSON TOWNSHIP — The Red Cross is providing shelter for a family after a fire late Thursday night in Monroe County.

Firefighters rushed to the home on Mountain Road in the Tannersville area just before midnight.

The chief said the flames started in the chimney and spread to the second floor.  The heat melted some of the siding.

Six people, including four children live in the home.

No one was hurt.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 40,274 other followers