Crews Battle Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
haz fire 2-12-13

HAZLETON — Three people are staying with relatives after a fire burned an apartment in Luzerne County.

Flames started in an apartment on North James Street in Hazleton just before 10:00 p.m.

The fire chief said a lit candle was left unattended and knocked over by a draft.

Three people in the second floor apartment were unable to stay at home due to damage from the fire.