WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

Fire Causes Almost $500,000 of Damage

Posted on: 5:57 pm, February 3, 2013, by , updated on: 04:05am, February 4, 2013

MONROE TOWNSHIP — The owner of a business that burned Saturday in Snyder County said the fire started in the furnace.

The blaze Saturday morning near Hummels Wharf destroyed the building where EMS Surgical Equipment was located. The business designs post-surgical garments.

The owner said the fire caused nearly half a million dollars in damage.

She plans to move operations of the business to the building next door.

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!