The Countdown To College
It’s the time of the year when area high schoolers are shopping for colleges. The following are tips to help students and parents find the right school:
Choosing a College: What To Look Out For:
- Availability of major
- Campus Life
What free grants are out there?
Four primary sources:
- Federal government
- State government
- Colleges and Universities
- Private scholarships
Words of Advice
- Make an informed decision. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that you can’t afford a college education.
- Don’t be discouraged by a college’s sticker price. Financial aid can significantly reduce the cost.
- Ask each college in which you are interested the following important questions:
- What financial aid applications do you require of me?
- What is the application filing deadline?
- Don’t pay anyone to complete your financial aid applications or to help identify outside scholarships. Free help is readily available.
If you are still confused on picking a major or school, check out the links below.