It’s the time of the year when area high schoolers are shopping for colleges. The following are tips to help students and parents find the right school:
Choosing a College: What To Look Out For:
- Availability of major
- Campus Life
What free grants are out there?
Four primary sources:
- Federal government
- State government
- Colleges and Universities
- Private scholarships
Words of Advice
- Make an informed decision. Don’t make the mistake of assuming that you can’t afford a college education.
- Don’t be discouraged by a college’s sticker price. Financial aid can significantly reduce the cost.
- Ask each college in which you are interested the following important questions:
- What financial aid applications do you require of me?
- What is the application filing deadline?
- Don’t pay anyone to complete your financial aid applications or to help identify outside scholarships. Free help is readily available.
If you are still confused on picking a major or school, check out the links below.