Fire Hits Pocono Resort

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

POCONO TOWNSHIP -- Fire crews responded to a hotel and indoor water park in Monroe County.

A spokesperson for Great Wolf Lodge resort near Tannersville said an electric heater overheated in an empty room around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Staff members put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, according to the spokesperson and some guests had to go to the lobby for a few hours as a precaution but were then allowed back into their rooms.