Fire Forces Family Out of Home

ber fire

BERWICK — A family in Columbia County was unable to return home after a Monday night fire damaged their home.

Firefighters said flames started at the home on North Vine Street in Berwick around 11:30 p.m.

The family, a husband, wife, and three children, escaped using their second floor roof.  They also managed to save their two dogs.

Fire crews quickly doused the flames and believe it started in the chimney of the home.

The Red Cross is sheltering the family.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 37,490 other followers