State Police Tip Line: 1 (866) 326-7256

Mobile Home Up in Flames

fire

A man and his girlfriend lost their home in a Christmas morning fire in Northumberland County.

The alarm along Route 61 in Shamokin Township came in around 2:30 a.m.  The fire chief says Paul Shingara was in bed when he smelled smoke.  When he looked for the source, Shingara saw the area around his wood burning stove in flames.  Shingara and his girlfriend both escaped the burning mobile home.  Shingara wasn’t wearing shoes, and he suffered a cut foot.

A firefighter was taken to a hospital to be treated for chest pains.  He was checked out and released.

The fire chief pinpoints the wood burning stove as the cause of the fire.  It is not suspicious.  The mobile home is a total loss.


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,686 other followers