WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

Fire Guts Wayne County Restaurant

Posted on: 5:19 am, November 16, 2012, by , updated on: 05:26am, November 16, 2012

BEACH LAKE — Flames destroyed a business in Wayne County, just weeks after it was remodeled.

Crews were called to Joe’s Ranch House along Route 652 in Beach Lake around 10 p.m. Thursday and battled the fire well into Friday morning.

Troopers think the flames started at the back of the building and quickly spread.

Newswatch 16 spoke with a worker who was there when the flames broke out.

“He just redid the whole, entire barbecue pit, just had everything redone, just reopened not even two weeks ago. It’s terrible, it’s sad,” said Julie Schencavitz.

A former worker said she was said to see the place burn.

“It was beautiful inside. Joe had redone it. It was beautiful and, you know, he took pride in it and I’m just dumbfounded that this happened, said Mary Williams.

Authorities say, in addition to a bar and restaurant, the building had about five apartments.

The place is destroyed.

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!