WNEP Facebook
WNEP Facebook

Follow WNEP on Facebook

Six People Forced from Home after Fire

Posted on: 5:37 pm, October 14, 2012, by , updated on: 06:45pm, October 14, 2012

HAZLETON — Officials believe a faulty appliance started a fire that damaged a home in Hazleton.

It happened around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday at a home on Second and Grant Streets.

Officials said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom.

A firefighter was treated for breathing in too much smoke.

Six people who were living there made it out safely and are being helped by the Red Cross.

live_truck_image_station_ad
Newswatch 16 Live Streaming

NOW with Newswatch 16 replays!