Teen Shooting Suspect Found Responsible
WILKES-BARRE — A teenager from Wilkes-Barre who was accused of shooting his half-brother last month was named a juvenile delinquent.
Tony Ransome has now been found responsible for aggravated assault and reckless endangerment after police say he shot his half-brother in the chest.
At just 14 years old, Tony Ransome is now officially a delinquent and responsible for shooting his half-brother. It was just last month when police say he shot 20-year-old Christian Sholly with a handgun on Hutson Street in Wilkes-Barre.
At a hearing in Luzerne County Court, Sholly’s girlfriend testified that she was spending time with both Sholly and Ransome in the boys’ bedroom after school on September 10.
She said Sholly always had a gun on him, but when Sholly put his gun on a bed, she said Ransome picked it up and pointed it at Sholly and the girlfriend.
The girlfriend testified that she and Sholly asked Ransome to put the gun down several times but he wouldn’t. She said he left the room, Sholly followed, and a few seconds later she heard a gunshot.
A detective testified that Ransome said it was an accident and that he just wanted to take the gun out of the room. However, Ransome also told police he had taken the safety off the gun.
A judge ruled Ransome responsible for aggravated assault and several counts of reckless endangerment.
Sholly was in critical condition after the shooting. He has since left the hospital. Ransome will now return to the detention center where he’s been staying for the last month, and could be forced to stay there until he’s 21 years old.