MOOSIC — Fans of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees have been calling for more promotions and giveaways at games. The new owners of the team announced what will be offered when the team returns to the renovated PNC Field in 2013.
In a news release Tuesday, the team says it wants to make each day a the ballpark an event. That means promotions for every game.
- There will be giveways every Saturday and a live band before the game.
- Sundays will be “Family FUNdays” with clowns for children, autographs from players and a chance for kids to run the bases.
- Mondays will be “$1 Hotdog Mondays” with dollar dogs available at the ballpark.
- “Two for Tuesdays” will have buy one lawn ticket get one free.
- Kids can eat for free on Wednesdays. Children 12 and under will be given a coupon for a free kids meal when they enter the stadium.
- Thursdays will be “Thirsty Thursdays.” There will be $1 dollar beer specials and $1 Pepsi products plus a live band before the game.
- Every Friday there will be fireworks after the game and “pre-game block party festivities” with a live band performing.
The team says promotions will not be available for school day games and midweek day games. There will also be no “Thirsty Thursday” on July 4. A more detailed promotion and giveaway schedule will be released soon.
The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees return to PNC Field in April 2013. They spent the 2012 season on the road as the stadium in Moosic underwent renovations. The stadium is expected to be finished in time for opening day in April. The team is expected to have a new name then too. Fans voted over the summer on a new team name. That hasn’t been announced yet.