CO Accident Kills Schuylkill County Couple
A well-known couple in Schuylkill County died in what officials call a freak accident.
Officials say Anna Mae Young and her husband Nicholas died of carbon monoxide poisoning over the weekend. It happened in their Rush Township home near Tamaqua.
Rush Township police says that Nicholas Young was found in the bathroom area, his wife, Anna Mae was found in a bedroom.
Officials say it was a tragic accident. The couple came home closed their garage door and forgot to turn off their car. It filled the home with the deadly gas.
Beth Lattanzi,a neighbor was friends with the Youngs.
“I can understand that having older in-laws, my mother and everything, you do forget things,” Lattanzi said.
Lattanzi said the couple was well known and respected. Most people we talked to knew Nick well.
“He was my guidance counselor in high school they had three very nice children. since i was a little girl. I used to play with his daughter who lived just down the block from me in Tamaqua,” Lattanzi explained.
Nick was good friends with Pat Morgan. Morgan said they did radio play-by-play of school basketball and football games.
“Patience, he had to have a lot of patience working with me to teach me the things and I learned a lot from him,” Morgan said.
The Youngs were known for their volunteer work and they shaped lives.
Just ask Ann Marie Callabrese Nick gave her a recommendation to the radio station which hired her. Callabrese said Nick was her mentor.
“We’ll always remember that voice a very distinctive voice, there is just no replacing Nick Young,” Callabrese said.