CONYNGHAM -- Several streets were blocked off Wednesday in Luzerne County after emergency crews were called out to a water treatment plant.
According to the fire chief, an employee at the Conyngham borough water authority was overcome by chlorine fumes after discovering a leak of diluted chlorine of about 30 to 40 gallons.
It happened around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Officials said there is no threat to the public or the safety of the water.
"It's just like if you spilled a bottle of Clorox on the floor. It has the same vapors,” said Ken Temborski with the Conyngham sewer water authority.
No one was seriously hurt during the chlorine spill.