Hereford Rib Eye Steak
Exec. Chef John J. Hudak, CEC, AEC, AAC, of Vanderlyn’s Restaurant in Kingston prepares the ultimate ribeye steak! Bon Appetit!
Yield: 1 Serving
As Needed Cinnamon Chipotle Rub
1 Each Ribeye Steak, Boneless, Cut 18 oz.
1 Ounce Clarified Butter or Olive Oil
4 Ounces Miniature Tri-Colored Potatoes, Blanched
½ Ounce Garlic, Chopped
½ Ounce Scallions, Chopped
1 Ounce Shallots, Sliced
2 Ounces Shittake Mushrooms, Sliced
2 Ounces Malbec
2 Ounces Beef Stock
½ Ounce Whole Butter
4 Ounces Onions, Sliced ½” Thick, Beer Battered & Flash Fried
To Taste Parsley, Chopped
To Taste Salt & Black Pepper
To Taste Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
As Needed Malbec Rosemary Au Jus
Method of Preparation
1) Season Ribeye evenly on both sides with olive oil & cinnamon chipotle rub.
2) Place Ribeye on char grill & cook to desired temperature.
3) While steak is cooking, heat clarified butter in 10” sauté pan.
4) Add potatoes & toss lightly until they start to color, add garlic, shallots, mushrooms & scallions, sauté briefly, season with rosemary, salt & pepper.
5) Remove pan from fire, deglaze with Malbec, add beef stock, reduce slightly, finish with whole butter.
6) Place potato mushroom blend on heated dinner plate, rest Ribeye over potatoes, drizzle with Au jus, top with onion rings & Enjoy
Recipe Prepared and Presented By
John J. Hudak Jr., CEC, ACE, AAC
Executive Chef, Vanderlyn’s Restaurant