The NCAA has penalized Penn State with:
- $60 million fine, a whole year’s football revenue that will fund child sex abuse prevention and victims.
- Football scholarships were reduced, 10 fewer scholarships for the next four years.
- All wins vacated from 1998 to 2011. That means Joe Paterno is no longer the winningest coach in college football.
- Five year probation for the football programs as the NCAA monitors the school’s progress.
- Four-year ban from bowl games and championships, a big blow for the recruiting process.
The announcement has raised the question…