It’s a delicious easy summer recipe that your family will love. MaryAnn (DelGrosso) Crider, oldest of the 7 DelGrosso Children, and 2nd generation DelGrosso family member. prepares her recipe for Eggplant Parmesan.
Enjoy this recipe Wednesday, August 15 at DelGrosso’s Amusement Park at their Spaghetti Wednesdays! Only $6.75 a person. Visit their website for more information and full schedule!
3 Egg Plants
1 lb whole milk Mozzarella grated
2-3 eggs beaten
¼ pound of parmesan cheese grated
Plain Bread Crumbs
1 jar of DelGrosso’s LaFamiglia Aunt MaryAnn’s Sunday Marinara Sauce
1) Peel egg plants and cut into ¼ inch circles
2) Line tray with paper towels and line egg plant on the tray and cover with paper towels and put weight on top for 2-3 hours (this will draw out the moisture in the eggplants)
3) Dip eggplant in beaten eggs and then dredge in bread crumbs
4) Heat ¼ cup of oil in a skillet and fry egg plant on both sides until lightly brown
5) Drizzle some marinara sauce in the bottom of your baking dish
6) Line the bottom of the dish with eggplant and sprinkle some mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese over the top and cover with sauce
7) Continue layering the eggplant and cheese and sauce
8) Cover with plastic wrap and foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes
9) Remove plastic and foil and add more mozzarella and bake another 15 minutes until the cheese is melted
10) Remove from oven and let cool. Can add some heated sauce on top and serve.