Dogs Saved From Blaze

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire crews were out Monday night, fighting flames at a home in Lackawanna County.

Firefighters were called to a home on Sheridan Avenue in Clarks Summit around 9:30 p.m. with reports of smoke and flames coming from the window of a home.

No one was home at the time. 

Two dogs were treated for breathing in smoke. Crews said they were given oxygen.

The fire chief said the flames seem to have sparked in the kitchen.

A state police fire marshal was called in for an investigation.