Meth Lab Found in Wilkes-Barre

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Three people were taken into custody Friday, and investigators said at least two of them will be charged with making methamphetamine in a school zone.

Police raided the home on Beekman Street in Wilkes-Barre just after daybreak.

Police confirm Sarah Noble and Paul Grodis will be charged with making the drug meth in a school zone.

Court documents show both suspects have been trouble with the law before, for possessing meth.

Agents in protective suits began searching the home on Beekman Street just after daybreak. It's the second meth lab bust in 10 days in the city of Wilkes-Barre, but officials said the two are not connected.

Police said they arrested Grodis and Noble, who will be charged with making the drug within a school zone. Directly across the street from the home is the Luzerne County Head Start building, an intervention and daycare for young children.

Three people were taken into custody when police raided a home in Wilkes-Barre where, they said, methamphetamine was being made.Three people are in custody after authorities said they found a meth lab at a home in Wilkes-Barre.

"We had no idea. It's very scary to think that it's happening so close to where the students are, but I'm just glad it was promptly taking care of they did a great job. It really attests to the police force that it was taken care of before school even started," said teacher Amanda Clark.

Officials said the investigation only lasted a couple of weeks. They said they wanted to move in as quickly as possible because of the home's location to the Head Start center right across the street."I think that's one of the problems with the meth lab. You put them in a neighborhood and it's dangerous, and you compound that with the Head Start day care here and it makes it even more dangerous," said John Soprano of the attorney general's office.

One next door neighbor to the raided home said he realized something wasn't quite right after the suspects moved in two months ago.

"All of a sudden I just noticed cars coming in, hand to hand transactions, and nobody staying to visit. It's a tell-tale sign of something's going on especially when they are different cars coming in all of the time," said neighbor Justin Weber.