Gas Leak Forces Evacuations
Dozens of people were forced from their homes Saturday morning because of a gas leak in Old Forge.
Fire crews said they believe a car hit a gas meter in the 500 block of Hickory Street in Old Forge around 12:30 a.m.
Gas leaked around surrounding homes and emergency teams managed to move families out of the area for safety precautions.
Authorities contacted UGI to temporarily turn off the gas line until repairs could be made.
People were allowed back into their homes after crews determined the air was clean an hour later.