Building Condemned After Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
scr fire5-12

An apartment building damaged by fire in Scranton is now condemned.

A fire broke out Friday afternoon in the kitchen of one unit in the complex on Maple Street.

Twelve people lived in the apartment house. No one was hurt.

The investigation into the fire led to the discovery of electrical code violations.

An electrical inspector condemned the building.

The American Red Cross is helping the families unable to return to the apartments.