Irene Schooley from Pittston, Andy Wagner from Forest City, and Judy Kinne from Carbondale were chosen as the 3 finalists in WNEP’s Speed Shopping Showdown. They each got to run a 90 second shopping spree at a Weis Market, and keep all the groceries they grabbed. On Thursday, June 13, after the last shopping aired, Irene Schooley’s name was drawn from the 3 finalists for the Grand Prize of Groceries For A Year from Weis Markets ($5,200 in Weis gift cards.) The 2 runner ups each received an additional $1,000 in Weis gift cards. Congratulations, and thanks for watching Newswatch 16 at 7.
Irene Schooley, Pittston; Linda Templin, Hughsville; James Craig, Danville; Megan Homicz, Kulpmont; Mary Ann Biel, Scranton; Betty Lorgan, Forest City; Dolores, unger, Hazleton; Chris Chapola, Milanville; Richard Pocceshchi, Pittston; Tim Seamans, Jessup; Judy Kinne, Carbondale; Carol Cox, Bloomsburg; Andrea Raineri, Mountaintop; Paul Kiel, Wescosville; Dawn Norris, Trucksville; Audra Simpson, Northumberland; Steven Goyer, East Stroudsburg; Joseph Gushock Sr, Nanticoke; Andy Wagner, Forest City; Doreen Kurovsky, Mountaintop.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF WNEP AND/OR LOCAL TV, LLC.
WNEP will conduct the Speed Shopping Showdown Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Rules. This Sweepstakes may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Sweepstakes is intended for play in the United States only, is void where prohibited, and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Do not participate if you are not eligible and located in the United States at the time of entry.
This Sweepstakes, and all Sweepstakes material, is © 2013 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by WNEP and reside in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton/Hazleton Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Employees of WNEP, Local TV LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes runs weeknights and begins on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 7:00 pm and ends on Friday, May 24, 2013, at 7:00 pm. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, watch Newswatch 16 at 7:00 pm on WNEP. Look for the Speed Shopping Showdown sweepstakes question and answer of the day. Be the 16th caller with the correct answer and win the daily prize of a $160 gift card to Weis Markets. There will be a total of 20 daily winners. On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 during Newswatch 16 at 7, three semi-finalists will be randomly selected from the 20 daily winners. These 3 contestants will participate in the “Speed Shopping Showdown” at a Weis Market to be determined. Each shopper will have 90 seconds to go through the store and fill their cart or carts with groceries. Some restrictions may apply. The contestants will keep the groceries they collect.
After the shopping sprees have been completed, one of these semi-finalists will be chosen in a random drawing to receive the grand prize of “Groceries for a Year” ($5,200 in Weis gift cards.) The 2 other runner-ups will receive an additional $1,000 in Weis gift cards.
If you are physically or mentally unable to participate in the “Speed Shopping Showdown,” you may designate a proxy. The person that is designated as the proxy must be 18 years old or older. Any contestant participating in the “Speed Shopping Showdown” will be required to provide proof of age, and will sign a release releasing the Sponsors and all prize-supplier companies from all liability for damages or personal injury in connection with the shopping spree.
Sponsors will not be responsible for any disconnections, busy signals, bad connections or any other problems associated with the use of telephones. Sponsors will not be responsible for any mishandled, misdirected or damaged entries in the random drawing. All entries become the property of WNEP and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion.
4. Prize: Each daily winner will receive a $160 Weis gift card with an actual retail value of $160. The value of the Speed Shopping Showdown shopping sprees is determined by the retail value of the groceries collected during the shopping sprees. One Grand Prize Winner will receive “Groceries for a Year” in Weis Gift Cards valued at $5,200. Two runner-ups will receive $1,000 in Weis Gift Cards valued at $1,000.
5. Winner Notifications: The Sweepstakes winners will be notified by phone at the time of entry. If Sponsor cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded. All results are unofficial until winners are verified.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household. Winners are subject to verification by WNEP of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, and may be required to provide a completed W-9, per Section 9 below. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to WNEP and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to require any winner to complete and submit an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until the completed W‑9 form is received.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless WNEP, Local TV, LLC, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iv) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (viii) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to postage, are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Pennsylvania PA law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard PA’s choice of law rules. The courts of Pennsylvania shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WNEP,located at 16 Montage Mountain Road, Moosic, PA 18507 by May, 24, 2013. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) at WNEP’s business offices or online at http://www.WNEP.com.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WNEP located at 16 Montage Mountain Road, Moosic, PA 18507 or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm).
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Sweepstakes.
17. Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.