This Mac and Cheese dish from Red’s Steakhouse at Mount Airy Casino is a winner hands down. Each bite is like hitting the jackpot. It is the creation of chef Kevin Klinetop.
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 quart milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs (5 slices, crusts removed)
- Three tablespoons onions sautéed in butter with four cloves and two bay leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Drizzle oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan, but don’t boil it. In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth. Off the heat, add the Gruyer, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg and the sautéed onion mixture, removing the cloves and bay leaves. Add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well. Place the mixture in 6 to 8 individual gratin dishes.
Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine them with the fresh bread crumbs, and sprinkle on the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top.
Mount Airy Casino and Resort, Mt. Pocono:
- Saturday, May 5, 2012
Tito Puente, Jr.
- Saturday, May 26, 2012
Memorial Day Extravaganza
- Saturday, June 9, 2012
- Saturday, June 30, 2012
Italian Car Show