Roof Collapse Endangers Jim Thorpe Firefighters

carb fire

Two firefighters had to be rescued while battling a late-night fire in Carbon County.

The home in Jim Thorpe was vacant but crews said they had to work to protect surrounding homes.

The deputy chief tells Newswatch 16 the home in the 200 block of South Street was full of flames when they arrived just before midnight and was endangering occupied homes next door.

Crews were able to get the flames under control and neighbors were allowed back into their homes early Thursday.

The two firefighters were searching the home when the roof collapsed. They were not injured.




Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 27,721 other followers