Fire Near Hazleton, Two Hospitalized

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
luz haz fire sm

Investigators are looking for what started a fire that sent to people to the hospital in Luzerne County.

The fire started around 7 p.m. Monday in the home on Winters Avenue in Hazle Township, near Hazleton.

The man who lived there went in to rescue his dog, along with a neighbor who tried to help.

The two are being treated for smoke inhalation.

A state police fire marshal will be called in to investigate.