Two people will have to find another place to stay after flames hit their home Tuesday morning in Lackawanna County.
Crews were called about 10:30 a.m. to the home on Depew Avenue in Mayfield.
Officials said the fire started in the basement and most of the damage was in the basement and the first floor of the home. There is no word yet what sparked the fire but the homeowner thinks there may have been a problem with the furnace.
No one was home when the fire started and there are no reports of injuries.
The American Red Cross is helping the two people who lived in the home.