Sauteed Fillet of Basa, Shrimp, Tomoato Duet Chablis Sauce
Sauteed Fillet of Basa, Shrimp, Tomato Duet Chablis Sauce
Yield: 2 Portions
Sauteed Fillet of Basa
2 Each Basa Fillets (6-8 Ounces)
2 Ounces Lemon Pepper Seasoned Flour
2 Ounces Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Course Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Chopped Parsley
Â½ Teaspoon Tru-Lemon (Crystallized Lemon)
2 Ounces Clarified Butter
Shrimp, Tomato Duet Chablis Sauce
Â½ Ounce Clarified Butter
1-2 Ounces Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
1 Ounce Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Julienned
2 Ounces Roasted Tomatoes, Diced
2-3 Ounces Chablis
1-2 Ounces Unsalted Butter
To Taste Parsley, Chopped
To Taste Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1) Season halibut fillets with salt and pepper, coat evenly with ground pistachios
and sear 1-2 minutes per side in clarified butter.
2) Remove basa from pan and place on appropriate pan and place in 400 F oven
for 3-4 minutes. (While basa is cooking, proceed with recipe)
3) SautÂŽ shrimp in clarified butter 30-45 seconds, season.
4) Add tomatoes to shrimp, toss lightly and deglaze with Chablis.
5) Reduce by half, swirl in unsalted butter, season and serve over basa fillets.
Prepared & Presented By
John J. Hudak Jr., CEC, AAC
Executive Chef, Maitre D’ Foods by Chef Hudak