Roasted Veal Tenderloin, Rosemary Brandy Reduction
Yield: 2 Servings
Ingredients Veal Tenderloin 1 Pound Veal Butt Tenderloin, Cleaned 1 Ounce Clarified Butter As Needed Seasoning Blend
1 Tablespoon Granulated Onion
1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic 1 Tablespoon Course Ground Black Pepper 1 Tablespoon Oregano Leaves 1 Tablespoon Sweet Basil Leaves 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt 1 Teaspoon Thyme Leaves
Spinach & Shittake Mushroom Accompaniment ½ Ounce Clarified Butter 4 Ounces Baby Spinach ½ Ounce Garlic, Chopped ½ Ounce Shallots, Diced 2 Ounces Shittake Mushrooms, Sliced 1 Ounce Brandy
Rosemary Brandy Reduction ½ Ounce Clarified Butter ½ Ounce Shallots, Diced 1 Ounce Brandy 4 Ounces Beef Stock 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary ½ Ounce Whole Butter
WNEP Home & Backyard Roasted Veal Tenderloin, Rosemary Brandy Reduction
Yield: 2 Servings
Method of Preparation Veal Tenderloin 1) Heat clarified butter in sauté pan and sear veal tenderloin
evenly on all sides remove from pan. 2) Season and roast in 400 F oven until desired doneness is achieved. Approximately 15 minutes for medium temperature remove and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing
Spinach & Shittake Mushroom Accompaniment
1) Heat clarified butter in sauté pan sauté mushrooms until tender. 2) Remove pan from stove, add brandy & flame. 3) Season with salt & white pepper reserve for plating. 4) Heat clarified butter in another sauté pan add spinach & sauté until wilted 5) Season with salt, white pepper and fresh ground black pepper reserve for plating.
Rosemary Brandy Reduction
1) Heat clarified butter in sauce pan sweat shallots briefly.
2) Remove pan from stove, add brandy & flame.
3) Add beef stock & rosemary allow to simmer & develop flavor.
4) Season as needed swirl in whole butter and serve with veal.
Prepared By John J, Hudak Jr., CEC, AAC, ACE Executive Chef, Bentley’s Entertainment Complex
Assisted By Edward Ancas Sous Chef, Bentley’s Entertainment Complex