Pork Rib Chop with Braised White Cabbage
Yield: 1 Serving Ingredients Pork Rib Chop 1 Each 12 oz. Frenched Pork Rib Chop ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt 1 Teaspoons Black Pepper 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Chopped 2 Ounces Clarified Butter
Braised Cabbage ½ Ounce Clarified Butter 4 Ounces White Cabbage 2 Ounces Apple Juice 2 Ounces Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Ounce Brown Sugar ½ Apple Granny Smith, Diced
2 Pieces Smoked Bacon
1 Ounce Onion, Diced
½ Ounce Shallots, Fine Dice 3 Ounces Chicken Stock
3 Ounces Beef Stock
1 Ounce Brandy
½ Ounce Butter Rolled in Seasoned Flour Used To Sear Pork To Taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste Salt & White Pepper
Method of Preparation Pork Rib Chop
1) Combine flour, seasonings and herbs Blend well.
2) Heat clarified butter in sauté pan coat pork chop with herb flour & sear evenly
on both sides, remove from pan and finish cooking in 375 F oven until an internal
temperature of 145 F is achieved. Reserve for service.
Braised White Cabbage 1) Render bacon in sauce pan until crispy. 2) Add cabbage and onion, sauté a few minutes.
3) Add brown sugar and invert to liquid.
4) Add juice and vinegar, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and braise undisturbed 15-20 minutes, check for tenderness, cook longer if needed,
season and reserve.
1) In the pan the pork was seared, sauté shallots a few seconds, remove pan from stove and deglaze with brandy, when flames subside, add stocks and reduce by half.
2) Season with salt & fresh ground pepper.
3) Swirl in butter coated with flour to thicken. Adjust consistency and seasonings.
4) Serve over pork rib chop