Old Glory Cookie Dessert
1 tube (16.5 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice 1/2 cup fresh blueberries 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
1. Press cookie dough into a greased 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup.
4. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over crust.
5. Decorate with blueberries and strawberries to resemble a flag.
6. Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert star tip #16. Fill with reserved cream cheese mixture. Beginning in one corner, pipe stars in the spaces between the blueberries.
*Please Note: 2 cups of any sugar cookie dough can be substituted for the refrigerated dough